The cocotte is truly a valuable addition for all those who are inspired by French cuisine. The traditional casserole dish made out of cast iron isn’t only suited for French dishes, but is also very easy to use, thereby inviting one to partake in experimentation.
Soups, omelettes and baked dishes benefit from the cast iron’s excellent heat-conducting properties from which Staub’s cocotte was manufactured. Cast iron can retain heat efficiently and evenly redistribute it slowly. In this way, braised meat becomes especially juicy and vegetables stay tasty and flavourful. Thanks to a specially crafted lid, condensation can be uniformly distributed: it spreads the moisture throughout the closed pot and ensures delicately cooked meals. The knob can be used to safely lift the lid and makes serving at the table easier.
The cocotte is round, black and has a sleek design, meaning it matches just as well to a rustic-inspired kitchen as it does to a modern dining room or dining establishment. Serving freshly braised meals right to the table is a real highlight for family members and guests, but also one that turns into a real taste experience. With the cocotte from Staub, it’s possible to sear, cook, bake and serve from one single dish.
- Made in France
- Heavy weight, tight-fitting lid retains moisture, spikes on the lid create a rain-forest effect evenly returning juices back onto food
- Oven safe up to 900F/482C without lid, Lids are Oven safe up to 500F/260C
- Nickel steel knob
- Smooth enamel bottom works on all stovetops, including gas, electric, glass, ceramic, induction, and halogen
- Unique, interior matte texture results in exceptional browning
- Dishwasher safe, hand wash recommended
- Suitable for all types of hobs, incl. induction, can also be used in the oven/grill